New! Zero Hardness™ Industrial Water Softener
For support regarding any of our industrial water products and services, please contact a Nancrede Representative.
Hours: Monday thru Friday 8-5 EST
Tel: +1 888-569-2837
Contact us for a Quote
Tel: +1 888-569-2837
Double Pass, Zero Hardness™ Failsafe Patent Pending Industrial Softener System
Zero Hardness™ Failsafe, High Efficiency Softener Systems Are Ideal for Critical Applications In:
- Food and Beverage
- Reverse Osmosis or Boiler Feed
- Oil and Gas
- Medical Buildings
- Surgery Centers & Healthcare Facilities
- Correctional Facilities
- Large Government Buildings
Zero Hardness™ Failsafe – 100% Redundancy Risk Reduction:
With the double pass, worker polisher design, both softeners are online all the time, which reduces risk of poor water quality shutting down or limiting your process. If one softener tank were to fail, the other tank would still soften the water with no lack of soft water at any time. This effectively eliminates the largest single point of failure common in standard softener systems.
Performance – Zero Hardness™ Failsafe and High Water & Salt Efficiency:
Better performance, zero hardness and higher efficiency can be achieved by having both water softener tanks online all the time passing through one softener then a second. Lower and more efficient brining rates can achieve water quality similar to that of higher brining rates by having the first softener remove most of the hardness and the second polish the water. Most large industrial and commercial water softeners are regenerated with 15 pounds of salt per cubic foot of resin. Higher water quality is obtained than with lower salting rates, but efficiency is lost. Using a lower brining rate but flowing in a worker polisher design can cut back salt consumption upwards of 40%, while still reducing hardness leakage and water consumption. The double pass, worker polisher design of this new patent pending softener system design offers the following performance advantages in regard to hardness removal and efficiency.
- Continuous hardness leakage is close to zero.
- Endpoint hardness leakage is vastly diminished.
- Starting point hardness leakage is minimized.
- Less salt is used to achieve better water quality.
- Less water is used in regeneration steps reducing water waste.
High Peak Flow Rates:
For high flow rate scenarios, the polishing softener can be pulled online so the system runs in parallel regardless of which unit is in lead or lag (worker or polisher) position to satisfy peak flow rates. When flows reduce back to normal levels, the system returns to a double pass configuration. The system is bi-directional, meaning either softener tank can be in the lead or lag position.
Zero Hardness™ Failsafe Softener vs. Standard Alternating Softener:
Standard industrial water softener systems have the following disadvantages concerning hardness leakage and risk of poor water quality.
- Water in the tank and piping of the standby softener has been sitting stagnant for several hours to several days causing poor water quality due to high starting point hardness leakage.
- At the end of the softener service cycle, end point leakage occurs as the resin nears exhaustion and hardness makes its way to your process.
- Piping design, materials of construction and softener control has not been optimized to minimize hardness leakage.
The Zero Hardness™ failsafe softener system doesn’t have these disadvantages as neither softener is ever offline. Hardness leakage from the lead softener is removed by the polishing softener. This, paired with special materials of construction and dead leg minimization piping design, results in minimal potential for hardness leakage and softener failure to ensure your production is never shut down or compromised by high hardness in your process water.